Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Baby Shower in Pink

Do you measure the success of your baby shower in the amount of goods you rake in, the amount of guests that attend or the amount of compliments you receive? Because I wasn’t looking for tons of gifts, I don’t have many girlfriends down here and I sure wasn’t expecting to be showered with praise but as we sat around Annixa’s kitchen table nibbling on red velvet cake (courtesy of the lovely Miss Lauren) these ladies dubbed me radiant and debated over which movie star I looked like.

Those are some good friends!

Special thanks belong to Miss Annixa (who doesn’t even read this) for being yesterday’s hostess and being such a great friend to me during the last leg of my pregnancy. Such a great friend that I have gone so far as to forgive her for drinking the Kool-Aid and becoming a Fox News fed Republican. She’s that great a friend, ha-ha! Truly she is, and she made sure the whole affair was superb.

My favorite photo came late in the afternoon when Baby Daddy crashed the shower and posed with me. One shower reveler, who’d never met him before, watched us banter for awhile and beam at each other and told me privately what a beautiful thing we have, B.D. and I.



I couldn’t agree more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! And I love your blogs, and I never knew you had this site!!! What a friend I am!!!! You are a blessing from God! You have no idea how greatful I am to have you in my life... This is why I will not be moving back to the Dominican Republic! I could never leave you!! The shower was nothing girl! I wish you had more gifts!! Know that you deserved that and much more!! Love you and I am so glad I checked out your info page on Facebook... which led me to this lovely site!

Unknown said...

oh I love you and I am so happy that you have such a great thing!
kisses!
~ Sarah~
(under my husbands name)